Sunday, July 09, 2006

Rain and Ramblings

It is so weird to have huge downpours of rain in July. Since living in Florida I've experienced more rain in this month of the year than any other (apart from hurricanes). We've logged at least 1 1/2 inches in the last 24 hours. That doesn't include the most recent rainshower that just left. The rain is precisely the reason we planned our new landscaping installation to take place a few weeks ago. We love free water!

We just returned from our annual "Tour of the Southeast US" on Wednesday. We logged 4038 miles on our mini-van, bringing the grand total of mileage on our '98 Sienna to 145,000! Our girls were unbelievably good on the road. The biggest difficulty was poor Emily popping 3 new molars while we were gone. (Imagine lots of ibuprofen, teething tablets, a pint-sized middle-of-t he-night bed companion, and a few good cries.) I miss our friends and family already but I am loving being in my own house and not driving anywhere that isn't necessary. I'm perusing summer sales via the internet so I can avoid going anywhere. I am desperate for a new swim suit now that I've got a hot summer and lots of time.

Speaking of swimsuits, one of the beautiful things about our Florida house is that I get to swim in my own pool. I can cool off with the girls, get a teeny bit of a tan, and never worry about who may view me (or parts of me) in my suit. I don't worry about beachwear. I've seen the suits that people of all sizes wear at the beach. I look better than some and worse than some and that is just fine with me. No reason to worry when I've already got my man and my girls are more interested in covering themselves with sand than parading up and down the beach!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yikes! 4038 miles! That's a lot of miles!

Post a pic or two!