Friday, July 14, 2006

Dinner is Served

Wow, two posts in one day.

I was looking back over my old posts and remembered my first one. I was bemoaning the frequent chore of putting food on my family's table. Don't get me wrong. I love my family and want to provide well for them. I also enjoy cooking and I love good fresh food. I just get tired of the work involved in getting to the "fixing it" part. I have found a solution to the most detestable parts of that process which is even better than the book previously mentioned. It's called Thyme for Dinner. A wonderful new concept in providing dinner for your family. I went with a friend the other night to create 12 large dishes to serve my family this month. I can't remember when an hour and half of my time has saved so much time and headache!!

According to the description on their website Thyme for Dinner has prepped 13 meals (of which you can choose 8 or 12) ready for you to show up and prepare in their commercial kitchen.

We arrived at 7:30 to 6 stations already prepped with everything I needed to make 12 main dishes. Such wonderful food as BBQ pork, Salmon with spinach, feta, and sundried tomatoes, Bourbon Chicken, and Pesto Artichoke Chicken Pizza. Enough to feed my family with plenty of leftovers. I didn't have to plan for, shop for, measure or chop a thing. And, best of all, they did all the clean up. I got to go home with a cooler full of wonderful things to keep in my freezer, ready for a delicious meal. I'm a complete convert and I haven't even eaten any of it yet!

Now I just wish I had thought of this idea first. I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want to try this. This particular company has 6 or 7 locations and I know there are similar concepts out there. I'd highly recommend finding and trying one near you. I'll let you know later how delicious it really turns out to be. Until then, feel free to call me at about 5:30 because now I'll have the time to talk!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Have you tried them yet? I noticed that those places are popping up all over the country...although not here yet.

Just wondered if they were as tasty as they sound!