Friday, July 14, 2006

Fashion!

Oh help us all!! Leggings are now back according to the store ads I am seeing for fall. I also noticed that "skinny leg" jeans are "in style". Is there anything new in the fashion world? Why, oh why, are we recycling 80's Madonna looks in 2006? Slouchy shirts with belts, tunic tops, granny boots, the list goes on. Next thing you know they'll be touting that we all need to wear jelly bracelets from wrist to elbow and tying our hair up with bandanas again. Do you think sky high bangs with a can of hairspray will make a reappearance?

I gave up trying to find any new shorts this year. They all seemed to be the long Bermuda style. I'm not sure who those look good on but its definitely not me. Maybe next year fashion will morph back to something reasonable. Not all the way back up to peek-a-boo cracks or cheeks but somewhere halfway isn't too much to ask is it?

I like to look stylish and "put together". I try to look my age. You know, not like my mother and not like the high school/college set. However, as I look back at my old pictures, those styles weren't so great on me when they were first popular in the 80's so I feel pretty certain they won't look great 20 years and 3 kids later. What is a girl in desperate need of a wardrobe to do?

No comments: