Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Blue Skies

Blue Skies

Grocery shopping is a terrible way to spend several hours. I really don't like the whole process. I don't like making the menu, writing the list, or going to the store. Especially if I have to take more than one of my daughters with me. The only good thing, in my opinion, is that it ends the chore for at least a week and I don't have to think about it. It would be wonderful if food just appeared in there once a week and a menu was there pinned to the door.

I tried online grocery ordering once a few years ago. Aside from being a little expensive I thought it was great. At least it didn't require pushing a cart with a bum wheel and then hauling everything out from the car to the kitchen. They were nice enough to even put my groceries on my counter.

My newest saving grace is a book called "Saving Dinner". it has 6 menus and a list for everything that is needed to make all those dinners. They are usually pretty quick and straight forward to make and my family likes them. They are also healthy and a good way to stay on track with my weight loss plan.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Texas Girl!

I think your blog is great! I tried the online groceries shortly after Grace was born...and I loved it. Sadly they do not have that here...plus with the kids at school now going to the store is actually (dare I say) fun. Keep up the blogging! I like to keep up with you!