Monday, September 24, 2007

Menu Monday

Taking an idea from Living to Tell the Story Blog here is my menu plan for the week:

Monday - shrimp scampi over linguine with green salad
Tuesday - pot roast with carrots and potatoes
Wednesday - picnic with turkey sandwiches on italian bread, chips, fruit
Thursday - kung pao chicken on lo mein noodles
Friday - homemade pizzas with olives, italian sausage, onions, bell peppers, mushrooms
Saturday - Kindergarten fellowship potluck - not sure what I need to bring for that yet...
Sunday - grilled chicken over green salad

I also plan to make Bran Flax Muffins as an alternative to store bought granola bars for breakfast, as well as apple breakfast bread for a snack, and maybe a flourless chocolate cake (if I find the time).

My grocery gaming is going fairly well so far. I've saved about $250 this month compared to the average of the last 12 months for us. My per trip percentages are at about 30% off shelf price but I think I am shopping smarter too which is helping. I'd love to get my percent savings even lower but we may go gluten-free soon for Sarah so I don't know if that will be possible with needing to buy some specialty foods. I think at the very least I should be able to save in other areas to help off-set the cost of gluten free foods and even more produce.

No comments: