Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I love chocolate

An Emily funny for you.

Last Friday we were at the Pediatrician's office. It was an unusually crowded waiting room with only one seat left. I took the last seat with Emily on my lap. Right next to us was a chubby little black girl, maybe 18 months old, in a cute polka dot dress and the most beautiful brown eyes.

Emily immediately smiled and cheerily exclaimed "Look Mommy, there's my friend!". She chattered on about her beautiful polka dot dress and asked her name and talked about her pretty hair clips. The little girl never said a word but quietly shared her magazine with Emily.

We were called back very quickly and as Emily jumped up she said "Mommy, she looks like chocolate and I LOVE chocolate!".

I love my little three year old.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

VERY cute. How did the mom react?!

Blue Skies said...

I think I said something like "Yes, chocolate is a beautiful color!" with a big smile. I love that she didn't care what color her skin was other than she thought it was pretty!