Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Meme Response

My blogging inspiration, La Vida Dulce has invited readers to participate in a Meme. Since I often wonder what I should post about I figured this might be fun for me and for you.

What were you doing ten years ago?
I was eagerly anticipating my first anniversary. We had just moved to Ft. Worth, TX about 5 months earlier. We were haggling with the landlord of our duplex about fixing the stove that had dead cockroaches in the ancient analog style clock, the dishwasher that worked better as a dish drainer, and the washing machine that wouldn't actually clean anything. We were about to leave on our first anniversary trip, a surprise planned by Mike that took us to Hot Springs, Arkansas. It seems like a million years ago!

What are 5 things on your to-do list?
1. Mending - Emily has several outfits that need to be taken in (skinny little thing....), a few missing buttons, a broken ribbon strap on Sarah's Easter dress.
2. Phone calls to the VBS coordinator and also to my co-ministry coordinator.
3. Menu and grocery list for week
4. Filing
5. Getting the outgrown toys and clothes out of the garage and into someone else's hands.

What are 5 snacks you enjoy?
1. chocolate - although that is more of a treat than a snack
2. homemade popcorn
3. crisp apple slices with peanut butter
4. Chips and salsa
5. cheese

What would you do if you were a millionaire?
Hmmmmm...... Donate more to the hungry and homeless through either Samaritan's Purse or Compassion International. Travel frequently
to see friends and family. Fully fund the accounts for the girl's college savings. Take care of the nagging maintenance issues in our house. If there was enough after those things I would remodel the kitchen and our bathroom.

Name some of the places you’ve called home.
Home is an interesting term. To me home is where my heart is, so I'd first have to say I haven't yet lived in the home that my heart yearns for the most- Heaven. Here on Earth though, home is definitely in the State of Texas. I've also lived in Germany, the Philippines, England, Finland, Maryland, and now Florida.

What are some of your bad habits?
Oh, the list is long although I'm trying to whittle away at it. I'll spare myself the deep public scrutiny and narrow it down to three. I tend to try to ignore problems in the hope they will magically disappear. I can get so lost in a book that I neglect what needs to be done until the book is finished. The only reason that doesn't get me into more trouble is because I do read very quickly. I'm a "picker". I hate - please don't be grossed out - scabs, stray hairs, anything that doesn't feel right and I have the scars to prove it. Unfortunately Emily seems to have inherited this tendency. I'm really trying to break these habits! Nothing like accountability to give you motivation.

What are some jobs you’ve held?
Gourmet food/coffee shop clerk (before Starbucks was even concieved). Veterinary Technician, Secretary at a group home organization for the mentally retarded, Pediatric RN

Who are you tagging?
Kellie already tagged most of the ones who actually read my blog (and have a blog themselves). I think littlepeanutkim might be willing though.







2 comments:

Unknown said...

Loved reading this!

It brought back memories of visiting at Page's house; you being a newlywed, just back from her honeymoon, and me being new in town....both never knowing how close we would become!

Good memories!

Mrs. Moofish said...

I have been hopping around a little more lately, looking especially at the blogs of people that Kellie knows IRL, getting a feel for this blogging thing. I have to tell you, either we would get along really well or we would drive each other crazy, because those three bad habits you listed are so me! The reading thing is so hard to stop because I love it! Meanwhile, my house looks like a pigsty! I still have trouble admitting the "picking" thing, although all you have to do is notice the scars to know. It's not like it's hidden or anything! Anyway, thanks for being brave and sharing!
Dana