Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I'm Alive! I'm Alive!

I have been sick since I last wrote on this blog.

It started out with a cough after a morning run in heavy pollen on a Tuesday. Within 4 days I was feeling cruddy and a fever soon followed and lasted the whole weekend. I thought I was finally on the mend on the 29th when we had a full day of Doctor appointments for Sarah and then a visit to a used car dealer (we replaced the Toyota! Details to follow). By time we got home that night I was in bed with a fever again that lasted all weekend (again). When the doctor's office finally opened on Monday I got the diagnosis of bronchitis and a serious sinus infection. Another 4 days or so later I finally had a little energy again. That was three weeks of my life during which I simply felt grateful when I could manage to stay out of bed for a while. Needless to say I missed that half marathon I was registered for on March 2nd.

Praise God for having good health on most days. Between seeing all the *really* sick children at the Children's Hospital and then having my own extended illness, I am really really grateful for the fact that I am a healthy person!! The nasty nasty cough and sinus drainage is finally clearing up. Now my rib cage needs to heal - I think I broke one with all that coughing!!

The bright spot in the last few weeks is that we found a used 2003 Honda Odyssey with leather, DVD, and only 46,500 miles on it. Now that we've done some needed routine maintenance on it we are praying for it to hold up at least as well as the Toyota.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yikes! I am sorry you were sick!

Congratulations on the Honda! We still love ours!

meh said...

Glad your back on track!! I think this has been our worst winter ever health-wise. I am fighting a cold right now. The car sounds so nice!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are feeling better. Nice looking car! Bob