Monday, March 24, 2008

A Beautiful Day




Our beautiful girls on a beautiful day.

I love Easter for so many reasons. It feels fresh and new. Maybe because Spring is popping up all over but I think it is the fresh realization that Christ's Resurrection freed me from my sin. A fresh slate of God's grace, available to me anytime I ask, but first realized on that beautiful morning when Mary when to visit the tomb of Jesus and found he wasn't there. He died on the cross that black Sabbath morning, carrying all my sins, and then rose again on the third day after conquering ALL sin, mine included. How can I not feel fresh and renewed when considering that awesome gift!?

I also love that the holiday is less about consumerism and more about just enjoying. (And chocolate.)

I love dressing up, sometimes in a new outfit for me, but usually something new for our girls. They are so excited to put on their beautiful new dresses and twirl around for our viewing pleasure. Their joy is plainly visible in their smiles and the extra bounce in their steps.

I never fail to cry during the worship service on Easter Morning. The songs, usually familiar, stir such an intense joy mingled with an fresh realization of how much my sin cost my Savior. Our church usually has an outdoor service so all three services are worshiping together in a large tent with a booming sound system. Your whole body gets into it! One older gentleman had such a real joy that he couldn't help BOUNCING like Tigger during one of the worship songs. Beautiful.

Following our service we ran home to wrap up the preparations for three couples who came over to enjoy an Easter ham with all the trimmings. Fun conversation, happily sugared children playing, yummy food. MMMMMMM.

A beautiful day.

No comments: