Friday, August 24, 2007

Difficult Days

"Mama said there'd be days like this, days like this, days like this, my Mama said"
I stayed up too late last night finishing a book. Woke up early to look presentable for my busy morning. Flew out the door 20 minutes early so Sarah could have a half of a pint of blood work drawn. Dropped off Emily with a dear sweet friend. Headed to the ole "annual exam". Got the van cleaned, polished, and fumigated. Paid for the all day crop that's tomorrow. Then, I received a call from a friend who needed someone to talk to right away. Immediately my 'difficult' day paled immeasurably in comparison.
My heart is hurting for my friend. I want to fix it, take some of their pain away, scream right alongside them at the injustice of it all, shake someone else in the hopes of "knocking some sense" into them. It just hurts and is plain rotten. What I can do is pray without ceasing, love without expectation, try to be a living breathing example of God's love for them. Help them keep their focus on the One who never changes, never disappoints, never fails, is ALWAYS GOOD. It is a very real reminder to me that happiness, apart from God, is fleeting, temporal, fickle. My sights need to be set on Him.
We are such a hard headed people that it is often the difficult times that remind us to turn our eyes the source of all hope and joy. God.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can you hear my Amen!?

Kellie

Blue Skies said...

Thank you Kellie. Keep on praying!