Monday, December 18, 2006

Catching Up



Boy, it's been a while since I've blogged. The last time I tried I couldn't get a post to actually post and I gave up. We'll see how this one goes.....

Since the October post I've logged many more miles and I've now completed my last long training run before the marathon. 24 miles is a long way! I'm only 2.2 miles away from the marathon distance of 26.2 and I'm sure now that I can do it. I'm hoping all the kinks are worked out and that no sickness or injuries happen before I get to do it "for real" on January 7th.

Rather than ramble on and on I'm going to post a few pictures of our latest activities. Big events have included: Cutting my hair shorter than I've had it in many years and LOVING IT!, getting to have my Mom, my sister and her family here for Thanksgiving, Mike's promotion at work, news that my best friend is moving to just outside DC, and the usual kinds of Christmas happenings.

I am working hard to keep the spirit of Christ in our Christmas this year. I got my presents purchased and wrapped shortly after Thanksgiving and have pretty much avoided the stores. It has helped tremendously to keep my thoughts and mind in a spirit of thankfulness for the gift God gave the world that morning over 2000 years ago. As a mother, the idea of a baby arriving who would change the world makes my heart skip a beat. Our children have so much God given potential for His kingdom. I pray that Mike and I would impart the joy of serving the Lord to our children so they may too experience the joy of His provision of everything we need. I pray that the peace of Christ would prevail in your life this season and in the coming year.

Sending all our love to those who stop in to this blog. We really do miss you. As I addressed our Christmas cards I realized how long it has been since we've been in touch. Our relationships with one another are the only things we get to take with us to heaven. I pray that I would not take anyone for granted and that I would strive to continue to keep ties strong.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jessica,

YOU LOOK FABULOUS!

So proud of you on the running thing!

The girls are beautiful and I am so excited to get that Christmas card.

Have a merry Christmas!